Wednesday 2 January 2013

South Korea: Winter - February 2011


This was my second visit to Seoul. The first time was back in year 2002 when "The Korean Wave", 한류 (Hanryu) had not touch a lot of Malaysians yet. It was also prior to my digital camera era so no pictures to share during that trip. What I remember of that trip was we went in August. It was summer so even though we went to the mountains and lakes, it was as though we were in Malaysia. My camera also went kaput. So we ended up using disposable cameras that we bought at their equivalent of 7-11. Lessons learnt. This time, I chose winter and brought more than one camera ;p
 
Before I proceed, I must confess that I am a fan of K-dramas. It started in year 2005 with "Winter Sonata" and by the time I got to "Full House" I was totally hooked. Formerly an addict, I was willing to watch till wee hours of the morning. Depriving myself of a much needed sleep. Luckily I have semi-recovered. Now I watched only selected dramas and try to limit to one or two hours per day ;p
 
I like their food. Spicy and also very pretty. Like Japanese, they made it an art of its preparation. I wish I was there longer to sample more of their local food.. most especially the grilled fish. Hemm.. maybe one of these days I will go and stay there for a month or two to sample their food and do a tour of K-dramas filming locations ;p
 
We went there with Poto Travel and Tours. It was a twin-cities tour of Seoul-Ho Chi Minh. 5 days 4 nights (3-7 February) in Seoul and 2 days 1 night (7-8 February) in Ho Chi Minh. Tour price was RM3.2k per person. Needless to say that the trip was too short. Furthermore, we went during their Lunar celebration thus Iteawon and Dongdeamun markets were closed. Luckily I didn't plan to shop but I'm sure the rest of my tour members didn't share my sentiments. Having said that, their Duty Free shops at Incheon International Airport are pretty good. If you wish to procure branded stuff, they are cheaper than in Malaysia :)
 
I've uploaded 141 pictures for your viewing pleasure. I must apologise that I don't have a lot to share cause most of the pictures taken in this trip have my face in it :)
 
You can access them at my Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/mkhasha.n.travels/. Go to the photo albums.
 
Njoy!!