Monday 14 January 2013

Spain: Spring - April 2011

 
We went to Spain during second half of April. It was in a middle of spring and definitely one of the good times to visit temperate countries. The whether was not so hot and neither was it so cold. Decent daylight hours as well.. very important for photographers without state-of-the-art cameras ;p
 
The trip was very satisfactory. The places we visited were beautiful, the Spaniards are mostly good-looking, the food were tasty, the hotels were comfortable and the weather was great. I love every minute of it!
 
The dish that I like most during the trip was Seafood Paella. I like it so much that when I came back home I tried to imitate the dish but with a dash of local flavours. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery after all. The result was Seafood Biryani. It got rave reviews from families and friends who were fortunate enough to sample the dish since I don't really like cooking and even if I do I rarely make complicated dish like biryani ;p
 
The picture above was taken from one of the Harem's windows of the Al-Hambra. Going through the building you can imagine the intrigue of ancient times. Similar feelings of going back to the period long forgotten can be experienced in all the ancient cities of Toledo, Cordoba and Seville. The feelings were however dispelled by the sight of Starbucks and McDonalds.. hehe
 
The trip from 16-27 April 2011 was organised by Parlo Tours. It covers two countries Spain and Portugal but mainly covers the cities of Spain. Only two days were allocated for Lisbon, Portugal. Tour price was RM8.3k per person. The most expensive tour that I've joined to-date but worth every penny :)
 
Since the country is so wonderful, it was not suprising that I went a bit overzealous with the photo-taking. I've uploaded 595 photos! I thought Istanbul was bad.. I broke my blog record (again!) with Spain ;p
 
You can access the pictures at my Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/mkhasha.n.travels/. Go to the photo albums.
 
Njoy!!