Thursday 3 January 2013

Vietnam: Summer - February 2011

 
A super short visit (7-8 February 2011) to Ho Chi Minh en route to Kuala Lumpur from Seoul. Sufficient enough for a half-day city tour and shopping ;p

Bought a few tops at Ben Than Market which on a hindsight I should probably just buy one. Frankly I should have just stick to buying fridge magnets and food stuff. What is with holiday that rational people can lose their heads caught up in the frenzy of fellow travellers' enthusiasm?

To be fair of my holiday shopping there are a few things that I still cherish until now but the numbers are too miniscule compared to the rest of the useless stuff that I bought over the years. Water under the bridge. Lessons learnt. Now I am more careful with my purchase :)

Ho Chi Minh or Saigon, as it is known to all but city officials, is a high-octane city of commerce. The streets are full of motorbikes. There are no zebra-crossings or even if there is, do not bother thinking that it works as it should be. If you want to cross the road, never hesitate. Walk slowly but surely. The motorbikes will give you the right of way. But becareful of lorries, cars or buses though. I found that they are less cooperative. Whatever it is do not run hysterically across the road ;p

One of the dish that we had for dinner at a Malay restaurant was fried eggs with soy sauce. This is something that I observed when travelling with Malaysians overseas over the years. No matter how good the other chicken, beef, lamb or seafood dish were the eggs will finish first! I personally like to eat fried eggs even at home. But when overseas if there were fried eggs on the menu, they gave me such joy.. I guess deep down I'm just a simple girl with simple taste ;p

Since this is a very short visit, I have only 42 photos to share with you. You can access them at my Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/mkhasha.n.travels/. Go to the photo albums.

Njoy!!