Wednesday 5 December 2012

Malaysia: Summer - July 2008


Once in awhile I will "play" tourist in my own country. Melaka is the third smallest Malaysian state after Perlis and Penang. This historical city centre has been listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 7 July 2008. Hemm.. I just realised something.. my trip was just a week after Melaka been declared as the heritage site!

I love Melaka for the following reasons:
  • Close to KL. Around two hours drive
  • The city is clean with acceptable public transportation
  • Nyonya food is one of the best in the world!
If you have nowhere to go for a short weekends trip, I would recommend this heritage city. Good food and stress-free environment. Eerrr.. I have a disclaimer though.. don't go during school holidays cause it is a favourite destination for locals too ;p

I've uploaded 62 photos for your viewing pleasure. You can access them at my Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/mkhasha.n.travels/. Go to the photo albums.

Njoy!!