Thursday 6 December 2012

Qatar: Autumn - October 2008


The picture above is an Arab tea. It tastes nothing like a normal tea cause they don't use tea leaves to make it but instead use a combination of herbs. You should try it if you ever set foot in Doha.

I went to Doha this time round on a business trip. We stayed there close to three weeks. Since it was a business trip, I didn't bring my camera with me ;p My apology in advance for the blur pictures taken using my Sony Ericsson mobile phone. Thank God some of my colleagues brought their cameras and allow me to copy their pictures. So you get to see beautiful shots of the deserts :)

Doha in 2008 was a city under construction.. There are high rise buildings being built everywhere. They are seriously playing catch-up with Dubai and might surpass it too! Their airlines, Qatar Airways in my humble opinion is already better than Emirates.

With natural gas reserves of approximately 896 trillion cubic feet, Qatar has the world's third-largest reserves, behind Russia and Iran. Coupled with only roughly 250k Qatari nationals, this is one rich country. They can afford to build anything!

My trip was pleasant. The food there was great. Costs of living are high though. Everything there are expensive except for cars and petrol. Taxi ride minimum fare then was QR30 which was equivalent to RM30. A lot of Malaysians like to work in Doha because of their tax free status and very high pay. Suitable for family too with good international schools and low crime rate.

Note: I've decided to include pictures of Doha during my in-transit visits back in year 2003 and 2004 in this 2008 album. So you can make the comparison ;)

135 pictures of Doha for your viewing pleasure can be accessed at my Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/mkhasha.n.travels/. Go to the photo albums.

Njoy!!