Tuesday 11 December 2012

Australia: Spring - November 2008

 
If you know me personally, you will know that I am a person who is always grateful with what I have. I love being Malaysian and the life that I have in this blessed country called Malaysia :)

Having said that, when I visited Perth, Australia for the first time in history I wish that I am an Australian multi-millionaire living in one of the scrumptious looking houses facing the Swan River with small boat and jet-ski as my weekends transport. It doesn't have to be a bungalow like the one above. I will be quite happy living in one of the apartments below.. Mayhap in another parallel universe? ;p

 
Besides houses and beaches, another thing that I like are flowers. Since we went in spring, we found all kinds of flowers when we were there. The flowers were huge and in abundance. It was truly amazing! We visited the King's Park a few times.. simply couldn't get enough of the flowers ;)
 
Besides exploring Perth city centre, we also made a trip to Fremantle and Rottnest Island. We had fish and chips at the famous Kailis' Fremantle Seafood Cafe and I took a dip in the very appetising water surrounding Rottnest Island..
 
We also did typical touristy thingy like visit the fruit farm, wildlife park, dolphin and whale watch, chocolate factory etc. Nothing to shout about. In fact, the whale watching was a disappointment. After  a "suspense" chase.. we only got to see the tail! Dolphins watching were better.. the boat ride was at least more thrilling. Shivers!!
 
We were there from 3-16 November 2008. Great weather but with "surprise" short heavy showers now and then. Becareful of sunburn though.. the temperature was so cool and pleasant that you can sometimes forget that the sun is still there.
 
I've uploaded 390 photos for your viewing pleasure. A word of caution though, I was a bit over-the-top when it comes to flowers and houses in this trip ;p
 
You can access the photos at my Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/mkhasha.n.travels/. Go to the photo albums.
 
Njoy!!