Sunday 28 October 2012

A Tribute To My Cameras..

 
 
I think it is good once in awhile to go down the memory lane.. These cameras have done a lot for me. Capturing all the important events of my life. So before I start posting pictures of what they helped me took.. I think it is only a matter of courtesy for me to introduce them.. ;p
 
Oh by the way.. I will only post pictures taken by my digital cameras.... since scanning the photos taken by  my "old-school" cameras and then posting them is deemed to be *too much work* for me ;p
 
It actually surprises me that I had only owned 3 film cameras but within a short span of 9 years I have bought 4 digital cameras... Hemmm .. maybe digital cameras are not made to last?
 
My first camera was a Hanimex.. Not sure whether this brand even existed now haha.. then I moved on to Olympus. Olympus was very good to me. Unfortunately it decided to "die" on my first trip to Australia... a sad day for both of us. I then bought Pentax in Melbourne..
 
Pentax being a non-Malaysian probably can't adapt to a Malaysian lifestyle.. so soon after I came back to my beloved country, it got "sick". I sent it for repair.. it was fine for awhile.. but then it got sick again. By that time digital camera was a new rage in Malaysia... so began my love affairs with digital cameras :)
 
I can't say this many times enough: I think digital camera is one of the best human inventions!
 
My first digi is Sony Cybershot. 2 megapixel. Imagine that! The memory stick was 8MB.. pathetic right? But I loved it so much. The viewing screen at the back was so small.. and yet then I thought it was a godsend!
 

 
I learnt my lesson when my camera died on me in Melbourne... so I will always have a spare digi camera on my travels.. The next two digi are Olympus brand. The latest addition to the fleet is a Samsung. I bought it to commemorate my first time travelling alone.. You will know why when you see the camera.. hehe
 
In the future I will update this article and the pictures whenever I buy a new camera.. I hope it will not be that soon!
 
If you're interested, you can see the pictures of all my cameras at my Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/mkhasha.n.travels/. Go to the photo albums.